Arc Flash Forum
https://brainfiller.com/arcflashforum/

Spacing your Drawing elements for single line diagrams
https://brainfiller.com/arcflashforum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6490
Page 1 of 1

Author:  NeDCE [ Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:59 am ]
Post subject:  Spacing your Drawing elements for single line diagrams

Here's an 'EasyPower vs. SKM' question: In SKM, how do you go about spacing your drawing elements? Do you need to think about that in SKM, or is there some sort of auto-spacing feature? For you EasyPower users out there, do you have any tricks to keep drawings easily legible?

I've included two examples of what I consider to be typical single-line diagrams for EasyPower and SKM. In general, SKM drawings seem more orderly and evenly spaced, and EasyPower drawings seem more busy and cluttered. I try to get my drawings looking more like SKM-produced single lines, but there aren't any auto-spacing options in EasyPower as far as I can tell.

Attachments:
File comment: EasyPower
EasyPower example.png
EasyPower example.png [ 313.13 KiB | Viewed 105 times ]
File comment: SKM
SKM example.png
SKM example.png [ 277.54 KiB | Viewed 105 times ]

Author:  NeDCE [ Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Spacing your Drawing elements for single line diagrams

...The EasyPower is my drawing. I spent hours lining up buses and moving text blocks so everything fit and seemed cleaner. By contrast, SKM drawings almost always look like all that stuff is quantized to a grid and just happens mostly automatically. Maybe SKM engineers are just more orderly people :D

Author:  bbaumer [ Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Spacing your Drawing elements for single line diagrams

NeDCE wrote:
...The EasyPower is my drawing. I spent hours lining up buses and moving text blocks so everything fit and seemed cleaner. By contrast, SKM drawings almost always look like all that stuff is quantized to a grid and just happens mostly automatically. Maybe SKM engineers are just more orderly people :D


I don't know about EasyPower but yes, in can place them on a grid. Grid spacing is adjustable under the options menu in SKM.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 7 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/